Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My little Smarty Pants

Kaige started his second year at Smarty Pants Preschool! This is really the best picture, he hates attention and intentionally closes his eyes! He is actually old enough to start Kindergarten, but after some serious thought, We decided to give him an extra year and let him be the oldest in his class rather than the youngest. I read an article about this, it is called "Kingergarten Red Shirting" . A sports term that means you intentionally sit out a year to give you/team an advantage the next season. This sports comparison made it a little easier. I have really had a hard time with this decision, especially since a lot of the friends in his primary class will be starting Kindergarten soon, but his sweetest friend Cooper is a few months younger, so atleast they will be going to Kindergarten together! That thought makes me happy because the two of them are great friends - these two were created from the same mold!

We were excited that Kaige walked into class by himself. Last year, I had to open the door every time. After class, he told me that everyone in his class was 4 years old and that he has the first birthday and will be the first 5 year old. This made him and myself happy. I guess "red shirting" this year of Kindergarten will be a good thing. I won't worry so much about the decision once Kindergarten has started, because then I can't change my mind!

4 comments:

Anon said...

I cant tell you how happy I am that next year him and Cooper will hopefully be walking in the same class together embarking on their elem ed careers. What a blessing a friend makes and I am so glad for Kaige.

jay and holl said...

oh kaige is such a cutie! if the kids he goes to church with start school before him he will have lots of friends his friends from church and his friends from school instead of all the same.

hollyw said...

Kaige is so cute. We will be making the decision about when to start Kindergarten with Easton(in four years) and I am already stressing about it.

Amy Mitchell said...

What an awesome kid! He must have a GREAT teacher! ;)