Thursday, June 4, 2009

TEMPLE CELEBRATION


I am lucky enough to be in Young Womens. I love and respect my girls so much. We live so close to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. I can see it everytime I look out my kitchen window. The Prophet asked our youth to participate in a cultural celebration in honour of the Draper and Our temples openings. My girls were involved in a dance and a choir. I was lucky to have several other amazing leaders help me out with this. Our dance was the Asian Dance. It was by far my favorite of the whole night. And I helped with the choir. (funny, since I can't sing, luckily I didn't have too.) This is a picture of the four stake choir that we practiced with. I loved the music. It was so powerful. We had amazing directors and youth. After seeing the rehearsals, I thought that I would be all cried out for the performance, but nope! Not a dry eye in the conference center! All I can say, boy I am lucky!

2 comments:

Anon said...

Jen you are so amazing! These YW are so lucky to have such a great leader and leaders. You do a great job. When I read your comments on fb that you post sometimes about your girls it makes me pray that Olivia will have great leaders. Your kindness speaks volumes.

Megs said...

Hey i was in it!!! i was the indian dance the first one!! It was a blast!!! Which one was your ward?