Thursday, June 4, 2009

Hawaii - it's about time

It has taken a while to post about our wonderful trip, but between Temple Celebration, Fieldtrips, Baseball (x 2), preschool graduation (x2) and soccer (x3) I just haven't had the time.


We are so lucky to have such a great family. We spent a week in Hawaii with Josh's parents and siblings. It was so much fun to spend time with them. Papa and Gammy Kathy were sweet and gracious enough to let us take our boys. My trip was so much better because I was able to watch the boys experience the trip. The boys were able to get to know their aunts and uncles so much better. And because Boo never stopped talking, they were able to get to know the boys. There are a lot of pictures, but since i am using the blog as a journal, i had to post about it all. We want to thank the Loves. We are grateful for all you do for us. The picture above is at the Hawaii LDS temple. It was so beautiful. This is also the only picture of us altogether because sweet little Boo would not get in any. He was asleep in this one, so he had no choice!
The boys were so cute. We over heard Kaige asking Max, "you know, we don't really get along at home, but here in Hawaii, we have so much fun together. Why is that?" It was true. As soon as we got back, they were fighting again.

I had to include this picture. I think it is the first time since Josh and I have known Josh that I have ever seen Grammy Kathy get her hair wet! Even at her own pool, i've never seen it. The boys could touch in almost every pool. They had a blast swimming with grandma.


On the Beach. The beaches were so fun. Uncle Ty took us to some really cool ones. It was nice to have Kaige trapped in all this sand - he wasn't able to tease anyone.



This was the best thing of the whole trip for Boo. He was happy as long as he had his buckets and shovels. He didn't care for the ocean, but he loved the sandy beaches.

This the pool that the boys spent the most time in. It was leveled, so they could touch clear out to the middle. They thought that it was fun to see how far i would let them go before I would yell at them. Our hotel was gorgeous. It had such nice grounds, and had so many pools and beaches, that they were never crowded.

We went to this Ranch were they filmed Movies and we took some different tours. The boys loved this Giant Pig! Max and I wouldn't touch it, but kaige would've kissed it if we would've let him. Pigs truly are stinky and Lazy. They have this weird hair all over them. This pig wouldn't move, yes it was Alive!

This is at the top of our Jeep Jungle tour. Everyone else went on the ATV' but we went on the jeeps instead. Notice no Boo in the picture. Our driver was this crazy man. The boys thought he was cool. I was a little nervous. He showed the boys sleeping grass, which is way cool. and taught them how to make whistles out of a blade of grass, which Max has annoyingly mastered. And he trudged through the trees to find the boys "hawaiian paintbrushes.

Our little family in our cool jeep that we took. It was very bumpy, but fun.

Does it look familair - it is the log from Jurassic Park. This was part of the movie tour. We saw were movies like Godzilla, 50 First Dates, Pearl Harbor, and Lost were filmed. It was cool to see.


Josh modeling his lovely tatoo. I blame this all on Kaige. All he wanted from Hawaii was a tatoo, to see sea turtles, and to get a Lakers Basketball Jersey ?? So while at the flee Market, Kaige found a tatoo guy and everyone ended up getting one, except me, boo and grammy.

Max sporting his Tat. Funny thing, now he has a tan line from the stinkin' thing!

Kaige's Dragon Tatoo. Lovely! He was so proud of it. He made me take a picture and send it to his Cousin Brayden and Papa Bob. This accomplished one thing off his list of wants.


This is the view from the boat ride out to the USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor. The boys loved it. The boats, the museum, the memorial and the movie were so amazing. The boys were so good and learned a lot.

Jen and the Boys on the boat to the USS Arizona. Banks was a little mad about going on the boat. He didn't like the idea, but he loved seeing the Sunken Boat.

Max going down the Hotel's waterslide. Neither him nor Kaige were tall enough to go down the slide, but they would allow them to do a swimming test. If they passed this little test, they were able to get a wristband for the week and could go on the slide. Well, no surprise Max jumped right in and passed in the blink of an eye. He spent forever on the slide.
Kaige, on the other hand, took the test and got scared half way in and I had to jump in and help him. He was so frustrated. So Josh and him practied all night in the pool and the next day he went and took the swimming test again. As you can see he passed. I was so proud of him for doing something that he was scared of, and working so hard to accomplish it. He enjoyed the benefits from it all week.

The second thing on Kaige's list of wants. To see a Sea Turtle up close. If you look close, you can see a turtle right in from of him. He loved it so much. Some people that were by us gave him some lettuce so he could feed it.

At Sea Life Park. It was fun for the boys. Kaige saw turtles, Banks saw a Sea Lion. Max saw a Whalfin (half whale/half dolphin) and I wanted to see a walrus, but they said they never had a walrus, but I thought that there was a walrus in 50 First Dates. It was still a fun day.

THe Dole Pineapple Plantation. The boys love pineapple.
We had a great trip. Kaige got all of his wants. Aunt Ash found the coveted laker's jersey at the Flea Market for only 10 bucks and it included shorts. He wore is so much, that i went back a few days later and got him another one. I am sure you have all seen him wearing it. Max loved body surfing at the big beaches. Boo loved bugging Sis and Tyler. My favorite thing was laughing with the Loves. What a great family i married into. Josh's favorite thing, and I didn't even get a picture was when we went to this beach and there was Koa Misi. I guess he is a Utah Football player. We got out of the car and this very large man noticed josh's hat and shouted, "Go Utes." Josh ofcourse recognized him and congratuated him on a great season. We tried to find him later to get a picture, but there were a lot of people on the beach that day.
One last thing I have to blog about and I didn't get a picture of is "the Race Car". One of the rental cars was this little chevy. It had a spoiler on the back, so kaige called it a race car. Jordan was the driver and Kaige insisted on riding it everywhere we went. The race car team included Jord, Ash, Kall, Ace and Kaige. They all said he didn't say much, but oh did he listen and he learned alot!!

2 comments:

Anon said...

What an awesome experience! I am so glad you guys had a great time.

Ashley said...

I still claim trips without kids are better, sorry!
But you know in your heart you thank me every day when Kaigey wears his Lakers outfit....