Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Kaige's Field Trip

I was lucky enough to go on Kaige's first Grade Fieldtrip! We went to Red Butte Garden. It is one of my favorite fieldtrips. I used to take my 4th graders there on fieldtrips. It was a little chilly at first, but then was perfect for the tour of the garden, and thankfully there was no rain. This is our group trying to pollinate the flowers after our guide showed them how easy it was.
Kaige and some friends from his class. I just love this little girl.... think KG might too!


KG looking so excited as we head up the trail!


This is the little, injured baby mouse that the kids found. It was cute! The kids wanted to help it and the guide told them that a predator would come and eat it..... that is the way the food chain works!

Our cute guide explaineg the parts of a plant to the kids.


It was a fun day and I am so lucky to be able to have these experiences with my boys and their friends.

2 comments:

The Fauxes said...

Tears tears tears!! Those are supposed to by my kiddos! Layla is quite the catch...tell Kaige to go for it! LOVE those kids. I'm glad you are still there keeping track of them for me and that you had a good time - even if there wasn't a golf cart. :)

Elise said...

Love Red Butte! We want to see you guys this summer.... I'll be there in June. What are your plans?