Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Holiday Wrap up

I realize that it is the middle of January and I am only getting around to posting about Christmas, but the boys have been off-track and just went back to school today!  I have done nothing but sleep-in, go to the indoor skate park, swimming pools, movies, lunch and any where else our friends invited us to go!  It was really fun and I will miss them while they are at school, but it will be nice to finally get the house back in order and the boys back in a routine.   Here are a few pictures of the Holiday.  We were very blessed to have such a great holiday.  

 The last day of school before break, the school has a sing-a-long.  They don't invite the parents because they say there isn't enough room for parents and all the students.  Well, I sneak in every year.  I love to see the kids sing!  For those of you that want to sneak in next year, there are plenty of seats set up and no one even cares!! This was Boo singing "Dominique the Donkey".
We made the annual trip to Zoo Lights!  I love to see lights, Josh and the boys, not so much!   It was really, really cold this night, but it was so fun!  It is fun to see the animals at night - the reptile house really comes alive and so do the Cats.
  Here are the boys enjoying some really hot chocolate and pretzels. 
 At Grandma Bev's side of the family party, Santa always asks for helpers.  Boo loves to be the elf with the crazy hat.  
This is Christmas Eve at Grandma Bev's house. Even though it was still early (6:30) the boys were so tired.  Max had an early soccer game at 8:00.  They could barely keep their eyes open to open the presents. 
 It just isn't Christmas without the Love Boys modeling their new PJ's!  This is them pretending to be Utah cheerleaders.  They all thought they looked better with the shirts tucked in!  We Love girls are sooooo lucky!
 Boo on Christmas Morning.  He got a new bike and a snowboard sled. 
 Kaige was so excited to get a file cabinet on wheels and it even locked!  He also asked for a binder, sheet protectors and some hanging file folders!  He spent all day organizing his room  and placing thing into files.  When I tucked him in that night, he said it feels so good to be so organized!  
 Max also asked for a new bike.  He was way over due for one.  He had the same one since preschool.  He also asked for lots and lots of lego sets.  He is still building.  
 Chuey got a new mammoth bone.  If you stop by, he will run and get it to show it off - he does it to everyone that knocks on our door.  He also got a dog IQ game... he doesn't do too well at getting the treats out.  He decided to just chew on the toy instead. 
 This is Joshy opening the best present ever!  He got an Xbox gaming chair.  Seriously, the best thing I bought!  Now, when I wake up in the morning, my family room furniture isn't moved around.  
 The boys opening the last present of the day from their dad!  I really don't know who was more excited - Josh or the boys.  
 The boys declared this the best present ever - 7 swimming tadpoles!  For some reason, the boys love to get tadpoles and watch them turn into giant ugly bullfrogs.  We did this a few years ago, but with only 2 tadpoles.  We know have one fat bullfrog living in our window well.  The boys are excited to watch these gross things grow.  (some sad news - 2 of the tadpoles died recently... shoot, now we will only have 5 frogs!)

We are so grateful for another great year and are excited for the next!

No comments: