Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Back in the Bee

For the second straight year, Kaige was invited to attend the 1st-3rd Grade School Spelling Bee.  He is such a bright kid!  He didn't even let me know he was going to be in until last Friday and I got an email from the school and a text from his teacher.  I asked if he had a list of words and he said it was in his back pack.  (hiding in there for 3 weeks)  I tried to get him to study the words, or even read through them, but of course he didn't want to take the time to do it, so he didn't!  I would love to see how far he would go if he would put the time in to study, because he does pretty darn well when he doesn't!
Cute little Kaigey Bear waiting for the spelling bee to start.  Kaige actually was okay dressing up this year, he did have me bring a change of clothes for the rest of the day!  
 After a couple of rounds, he was able to sit by his friend Cooper!  Way to go boys!
 For the last couple of words he was given, he asked for a sentence. It was so cute.  He got out on the word "DEFIANTLY".  He was so close.  He only forgot the A.
Kaige and his spelling bee pin.  Isn't he just the cutest kid!

Max wanted me to add that Max was the alternate for his class - he took 4th.  Same as last year!  Boy I am lucky to have such smart boys and great spellers!!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

frankly i'm a little disappointed that he spelled defiantly wrong....I mean, he did invent the word:)