I was lucky enough to be able to go caroling with Kaige's Smarty Pants Preschool class on Thursday. They visited the Golden Living Retirement Center in West Valley. Max went on the same fieldtrip a few years back, and it is one of my favorites. Kaige was nervous and didn't want to go. Kaige is shy and doesn't like to be out of his comfort zone. This was definitely pushing it. He didn't do much singing, but he did do some actions, which is a great start! He even visited with some of the residents. I am so proud of him. I know it was hard for him, but he did it!
This is his class singing. It is not the best, but it captures Kaige doing something he hates, so I had to use it. Kaige is the 3rd boy from the back left. He does jingle his bells and sing a little.
6 comments:
What a great experience! I bet the man who asked him all the "weird" questions really enjoyed the talk! That picture is absolutely priceless!
Marianne
This picture of Kaige talking to the man melts my heart!!
I grew up just around the corner from the Golden Living Retirement Center. In fact, my first job ever was working there as a server at dinner time. The little branch there was also in my stake so I remember doing Sacrament Mtgs for them with my family. How fun that Kaige got to perform there. I'm sure the residents loved it!
Wasn't that fun to watch them sing. I can't believe how big our kids are.
Way to go Kaige! What a great fieldtrip! Merry Christmas!!!
I love it! i bet you were laughing your head off the whole time, my favorite is when he is pretending he is sleeping. what is with the girl front row in the middle why is she so special to wear a different color then every one else?
Post a Comment