The past few years, we haven't gone and done much of the Christmas Stuff. I always thought that Banks was too little. Well, this year that excuse doesn't apply. Those who have been around the last little while have seen our little 2 year old turn into a 5 year old. He acts exactly like Kaige and talks exactly like Max. He act so big! So, I decided that since I have no more babies at my house it was time to get out and do all of the fun things of the Holiday! Our first trip was to Thanksgiving Point to see the Holiday Lights Display. This is great! You stay in your car and drive throught the display. It has jumping reindeer, dancing gingerbread, waving santas and a nativity seen and story. If you unroll the windows, you hear the fun holiday music. (we just turned up the heater!) The boys absolutely loved it, so did Josh because he didn't get cold. We took my mom because my dad is gone and she loves things like that. The pictures aren't great, because we were driving, but I tried my best.

The sign at the entrance welcoming you to the display.

Yes, my christmas wish came true - My boys in a cage!
Actually, this was after the lights, we stopped to feed and pet Santa's Reindeer!
Notice how they are standing - Banks (tallest) Kaige (middle) and Max (not so tall)! It is backwards from their ages! (almost reality)

The boys checking out the reindeer as he is eating.

I believe that this Reindeer was Blitzen. The helper would push the reindeer over to the fence so that the kids could pet and feed them. They were very nice, as far as magic reindeer go.

This reindeer is Comet. My boys had so much fun. I think that we spent more time watching and petting reindeer than we did driving through the lights. Well, for our first Christmas adventure, this was a hit! We were able to see fun lights, stay warm and feed magic reindeer. The only drawback, is that now I am answering 100 questions from Kaige about why Santa left his reindeer, why they don't fly out of the cage, does Rudolph really have a red nose and so on. I never would have thought that a five year old would have so many questions.
6 comments:
Sounds like you had fun! Maybe I can talk Ryan into going!!!
Jen our lesson in primary today was about loving animals and Kaige talked non stop (not a bad thing) about reindeer. It was awesome, his excitement became contagious. Now I understand why...it was so cute!
we've never been to Thanksgiving pt either--we'll have to go, it looked fun. and i didn't know they had reindeer there!
ps--i went and got Steve's present, but i'm still working on Kathy's....
So fun! I love Thanksgiving Point. No more babies at home??? Better get busy!
you should know that is how it works. isnt josh the shortest of his brothers then jordan then chace and jason in the shortest and the youngest is the tallest!
We are feeling the same way about Van and not having any babies around the house anymore and being able to do more fun stuff!Having babies,I will always treasure but it makes things alittle bit easier without them.Enjoy!
Post a Comment