Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. Patrick's Day Fun...

Max is getting so grown-up. He came home from school on Monday, and didn't want to do anything but this "Craft Idea" that he had. After doing homework, he didn't even want to go play with friends. He went into his room to craft, after a while he did let his friend Teague in to help. I went outside to play with the others and when we came in, They had post-it notes stuck all over the house. He had written little clues on them. He called it his Leprechaun Treasure Hunt. He was so excited to have the brothers and Josh and I find the Treasure the next day (St. Patrick's Day). By the time that Josh came home from work, he couldn't wait any longer. He decided he was in charge of family night this week, and the treasure hunt is what he planned. So, for family night, we went on a Leprechaun hunt around our house. It was really fun and I must say, that Max is quite the writer and great writing skills. Here are some pictures of the hunt. Thanks Max for the fun family night.
Max reading one of the first clues to the brothers.

Following Leprechaun footprints through the kitchen.


The Treasure at the end. Max had put candy and even little gold rocks that he had gotten at cub scouts in a box with a sign that read, "You Win". The brothers were so excited. They had been wanting those gold rock for weeks, ever since they first came home from scouts.


Enjoying the Leprechaun's treasure!




7 comments:

Jamie Lloyd said...

That is so cool that Max would take the time to do something fun for his brothers! What a good kid! Next year, I have a bunch of shamrocks that the Leprachan left, you can have them and "shamrock" their rooms!

Anon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anon said...

That is so awesome!

hollyw said...

What fun! Your boys are getting so big!!!

Ashley said...

that is the cutest thing ever. I can't believe he went through all that trouble for his brothers! I just love him.

Janna said...

How fun! Treasure the memories, they grow up soooo fast.

Elise said...

Jen. Every time I log on I forget how big your boys are getting and I am surprised all over. What a cute bunch of brothers you guys have. How's Josh? We are coming in June and would love to visit with you guys : ) Call me when you can!