Friday, April 24, 2009

April Happenings...

I am a horrible blogger. I love to read everyone else's, but hate to update my own. We have had a lot happening during the month of April. Max was off track so we did a lot of fun things. One day we went to the aqaurium. I don't have any pictures, because it was so crowded, i was afraid to take the time to get a picture in fear that I would lose Banks. Seriously, for those of you who have been to the aqaurium, when is there ever more than 20 people there? Despite the crowds, it was fun and the highlight was when kaige let the cleaning shrimp, clean his hands. He likes to touch those gross things. We have also been trying to play baseball. The weather is just not cooperating with spring sports. Max is on the DiamondBacks and is playing kid pitch. The games are a little boring and slow, but he is having fun and learning a lot. Kaige is playing machine pitch and loves every single minute of it. This kid lives and breathes sports. (wonder where that came from?) My goal is to get some pictures of them playing ball - I just am not a picture taker. Here are some pictures from the month of April.

We are so excited. Josh's youngest brother opened his mission call on Wednesday. We had to wait a bit to open it, but it was so fun and worth it. Here is Josh, Max, Kaige, Ace and Boo before he opened the call. Ace will be serving in the Texas, McAllen spanish speaking Mission. He leaves the end of June. I am so grateful for the example Uncle Ace is to my boys. They love him and will miss him so much, but I am excited for them to have the opportunity to be part of a missionary experience. I am dreading the MTC. The day josh's other brother went, I was crying before we even left the house. I am hoping I can outgrow this crying over missionaries before my boys have to go. For some odd reason, I have soft spot for missionaries. I get teary eyed whenever I see a missionary.


We always color easter eggs with Grandma Kathy. The boys love to go over there and do it because she is so great and lets them make the biggest mess and she doesn't ever care - unlike their mom. This year we were excited to have cousin Tate and Aunt Ash join us. We had a lot of eggs, but the boys ate most of them right after they colored them.



Since Max was off track, we were able to make a quick trip to papa steve's ranch. The boys love it there. I wish we could go more often. A few weeks ago, Josh went and bought Twilight, supposedly for me. I now know that he secretly was dying to watch it. After watching it several times more than me, and watching all the bonus features, I told him he needed to read the book. Of course, he refused. After a few days of it sitting on the table, I went to put it away and noticed that it was being read. So, I had to take picture of him reading it at the Ranch. I think it is so funny that he likes it. I am just hoping that he won't want to come and see New Moon with all the girls.



The boys in the hot tub at the ranch. They didn't even care that it had snowed that night and was freezing cold.
So far this April has been pretty exciting and has flown by. We have a busy May ahead of us. I hopefully will be able to keep up on the blogging. I can always hope!!



7 comments:

Kathy said...

Your boys are yummalicious chica!
Looks and sounds like off track time was well spent.

Hoffmann Family said...

Don't you love when they are off track? I have a love/hate realationship with it!

Jaime K said...

It is about time you updated your blog. Looks good. I'm going to get Josh and I Love Edward sticker so he can put it on his car.

Krys and Ty said...

Jen! Do I really even have to explain? I think everyone in the whole world knows that I think Boo is the cutest 2 year old (almost 3 year old) EVER! and when he was a baby, well he definitly took the cute baby award, as well as all your other handsome boys! :) We still want to take you up on that offer to help watch/babysit them while your gone, Ty keeps asking me if we can! I love your new post, and your blog is so cute! I hope you guys come over tomorrow, we miss you loads already!

Amy M. said...

Jen, I never knew you had a blog until now. Yay. You and your family of boys are so cute. I'll send you an invite to our blog. Love the blogs.
On another note: can you believe how many baseball games have been cancelled? Sheesh. Thank you "spring" weather.

Anon said...

Jen, what a fun month! You have such an awesome family, lets go play soon!

hollyw said...

Sounds like a fun and busy month! I love to hear about your boys..they make me laugh! John also read the Twilight series....he had to make sure I was still sane after telling him about the books. He liked the books "fine", but Bella drove him crazy. He went and saw the movie with me and the whole time he kept saying, "That is not how it happened in the book."