Kaige's Kindergarten class had a Zoo program today. Each student chose an animal from a different habitat and had to learn about that animal at home and then make a homemade costume and come to school ready to be part of the zoo. Kaige chose the Walrus. I had know idea how to make a walrus costume, but Kaige did. He said he made one in preschool last year. (The one time I wish I wouldn't have thrown away his stuff!) Anyway, Sunday Night after dinner at Gammy Kathy's house, he and Gammy got to work. They did such a great job.

Kaige, the walrus.
He painted a paper plate brown, filed down and painted tongue depressers, painted cotton balls and cut up a broom for it's bristles and painted those white. We borrowed a neighbor's brown leather jacket. Kaige said he looked ugly - I told him all walruses are ugly! He was very proud of his mask and he kept wearing it all week.

I didn't know walruses had fingers...

This is Mrs. Robinson's Kindergarten Zoo. Kaige is on the back row, behind the starfish, next to the shark. He did really great on his part.
5 comments:
how fun and I love the costume!
Jen, he is so cute. What a great idea!!
Chica he looks sooooo good!
That turned out really cute. Good job Kaige and Grandma Kathy. But Jen, your idea would have worked too... When did the get the pictures taken of the boys with Chuey? They're cute.
I never saw the finished product of the walrus...it turned out really good! I am impressed.
Post a Comment