Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Road Trip to Cali...
So, I did something that I have never done, I packed up the boys and went to California for a few days without Josh. One of our cute neighbor families moved to Laguna Hills this Summer which took one of Max's best friends away. He has really been missing him. My other cute neighbor Kristen had the idea that since the kids were off school for UEA break, that we should load them up and head down to visit Todd and Tricia. So we crammed all six kids in her car and left early Wednesday. The drive wasn't that bad considering we had a ten year old, two 8 year olds and a 6 year old, and 2 three year olds. It turned out to be really fun. Todd and Tricia and their family were great hosts. They shared their home and took good care of us. We had an awesome time. We were either at the beach or swimming in their backyard pool. They showed us some great shops and the Best Gelato place in town.
G & M chilllin' at Laguna Beach
Max skimboarding. He learned how to Skim Board in Hawaii with uncle Ty. He was doing so good.
Kaige loved playing in the sand. He built some great castles and villages.
Boo trying to skim board. He didn't have much luck. The day before, he got clobbered by a giant wave and Todd had to grab him as he tumbled down the shore. Ever since then, He was Todd's buddy. Those who know Boo, won't believe it, but He even rode in Todd and Tricia's car, without me in it. He helped him unpack the beach gear, and always wanted him around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow you gals were brave! I am glad you guys had a fun time enjoying the warm Cali weather!
I know, I had no idea you were just packing up and driving there until Josh told Jord he was a bachelor for the weekend! You are brave to drive that far with kids, I'd go crazy. It looks like you had a great time though, I already miss the warm weather.
So fun, I would have gone in your car too!LOL
They told me about your visit. You are brave women, to take that many kids that far. I did it a couple of years ago with my friend, but our kids weren't that little. Looks like you had a great time!!
That would have been so fun! I wish I could have went with you guys!
Love Laur
Post a Comment