Friday, November 19, 2010

Josh's Early Birthday!

Many of you know that Josh loves the band, "The Killers". I like them too, but not to the extent that he does. He has been to a few concerts and has always wanted me to go, but I am not a concert type of gal. Well, their lead singer, Brandon Flowers, released a solo album and was coming to SLC on tour. Josh tried for quite a while to get me to agree. Things have been crazy at work for him, and his birthday was coming up, so I decided to go. We started the night with Dinner at the Pizza Kitchen in Gateway and then walked to "The Depot". I don't really go to clubs, so I wasn't thinking and left my purse in the car. That was better than Amy, she left her purse at home. As they were checking ID, the guy told me I would have to walk back to the car and get it. Well, Amy explained that her ID was 45 minutes away at home. He asked when her birthday was, and said ok and let her in! I asked if I could tell him my birthday, and I did, and he didn't beleive me! "Are you sure?' was his response. I am often told that I don't look 35, but seriously I think I could pass for 21! He finally did decide that I could be trusted - the people that I was standing in line with were all over 30! Josh said I should take it as a compliment, I took it as rude that he didn't believe me! All was good - Amy and I got in without ID! It took quite a while for it to start. The warm-up band (guy) was a little weird and told a story about each song that was usually longer than the song itself. Then after a long sound and light check, Brandon Flowers, finally came on. I must say, he was worth the wait. He really is quite handsome! And he can sing. He puts on a great show. I listened to his album a lot this past week, so I would be ready. I have my favorites, and lucky me, he sang my favorite for the encore ' "The Clock's a Tickin'".
This is Josh and I waiting for it to start (I look a little wasted, but I couldn't even buy a drink without my ID!!) We were able to find barstools on the side and had a great view of the stage. It was so funny because whenever tall people would come and stand in front of us or even walk past, Chris would make these funny noises to keep them moving on. He did get some funny looks. I am used to short, but there are a lot of really tall people out there! Chris was able to scare them all away though :) We were able to enjoy and watch the concert from our seats. It was really fun and I am glad that we went. I think that if "The Killers" or Brandon Flowers come back to SLC, I will have to go again.... Maybe I am a concert going gal after all!

2 comments:

Chris, Amy and the girls said...

What a great night with great friends! Still funny about the age thing. So sad but true for me. I used to get mistaken for way younger all the time. Stress and life has gotten the better of me I'm afraid. You do look young and you should be happy about that :) Can't wait for the next concert!!!

Anon said...

Happy Birthday Josh, glad you had fun Jen Love!