Wednesday, June 22, 2011

TREK

The Love Cart
Wyatt, Big Brother John, Ma Jen, Pa Josh, Mitch, Gentry, Megan, Lauryn & Corrinne.
We had an amazing family. Each kid was a perfect match for Josh and I. We laughed a lot! Our big brother was also perfect. He was quite the jokester. We all got a long great. I was worried all the way there that our kids wouldn't like us. I'm not sure if they did, but I know that I fell in love with all of them.
Ma and Pa Love
It was a bit windy... that is why my cute hat looks so funny!
Snack Break - was my favorite time. We ate a lot of junk and told a lot of laffy Taffy jokes. One of our kids, Corrinne, knew all the jokes! It was amazing!
The Love Cart taking a another break. I got so tired of all the YM taking potty breaks along the trail... us girls had to wait, I thought that they should too!
Pa Josh
I have to say that I was so impressed with my Joshy. He was so good with the kids and did such a great job doing FHE every night. He really formed a great relationship with our "son" Mitch! He even did a terrific job talking in sacrament meeting!
Dinner with the Love Cart
The kids cooking our very tastey dutch oven chicken. It was so cold and windy that it took over 2 hours to cook because the coals kept blowing out. We finally gave up and ate crunchy potatoes. No one cared because were so hungry by then. We had such great family. The kids always helped prepare meals and camp and clean-up. We were so lucky.
Our very impressive lean-to that the boys slept in! Josh and I can't take credit for it.... our son Mitch and Big brother John did the handy work.
My and my crazy Miamaids (+ a few friends!)
Alyssa, Claire, Madi H., Jen, Talli, Megan and LaurynMe and My laurels
Arahka, Brooke, Ma Jen, Haylie and Alexa
A few of the 4th ward trekkers. This was supposed to be the night of the Hoe Down, but because the strom blew in and it was freezing... the stake opted for a free for all. The kids had so much fun just hanging out and visiting with friend around the propane heaters.
The priesthood hiking to the to of the hill to wait for us girls.
The Women's Pull
This was the hardest but also my favorite thing about trek. My girls were so dang tough. It was amazing to see 250 young men and men standing so reverently and respectfully as we huffed and puffed up that 1/2 mile hill. Big sister Connie helped us out on the front of the cart.
- The Love Cart -
Since January, I have been dreading trek. I didn't want to go one little bit. I talked all but one of my young women into going, but I was still negative about it. After four long, cold and dusty days on the plains of Wyoming.... I must say that Trek will most likely be a highlight of my summer. I loved every minute of it... well maybe not the nightime freezing temps, but it was such a great experience. I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father that gives us what we need even when we don't know we need it. If I ever get the opportunity to go trekkin' again, I am sure I will dread it, but I will definitely go. I loved it.

3 comments:

Jaime K said...

I LOVE your outfits... You should wear them more often. I also like the glasses tan lines. And I don't think the pioneers had Laffy Taffy's. Shouldn't they of had like bread or beef jerky for a snack? just a thought...

Anon said...

Oh gosh, is it ok to say I totally told you so? :). Love you jen love.

The Fauxes said...

I'm so glad you survived and had a good time!! You make the pioneer garb look good - maybe you'll start a new trend. :)