Sunday, June 3, 2012

End of School Fun

There have been a lot of fun things going on at the boys' school these days.  It seems like I have been there every day.  I love being so involved and being able to see my boys and their friends.
 Here is Boo running with the kindergarten during the school Fun Run.
 Max getting ready to run.
 Max nearing the finish line.
 Kaige.  He was so fast, I wasn't ready for him to run by, so I made him stop and pose for this picture.  
 So proud of our Boo.  He took third place out of three kindergarten classes.   Pretty darn good for a little boy who couldn't run very coordinated when he was younger.
 After the Fun Run, they have Munchkin Radio come and have music playing, they have otter pops and play games.  I couldn't find Max for a picture, but here are Boo and Kaige.  So cute.
 On Memorial Day, Kaige refused to go golfing with Josh  and the other boys (he was having one of those days) so he came to the cemetery with Aunt Jodee and me.  Here we are at Grandma  and Grandpa Gardiners' grave.  Kaige really like the headstones.  He walked around for quite a while noting how old they headstones were.  I think that he will come more often with me.  
 Kaige actually was excited about the 2nd grade bike rodeo.  He even took his own bike and didn't complain about it once.  I think because he already did it a week ago with the scouts. 
 Here he his following all the rules of the Rodeo. 
 The 4th grade had a Wax Museum.  Max had to choose a biography to read and do a poster and dress like that person and tell all the visitors about the  person he chose.  Max had a hard time choosing.  It is a good thing he is a great reader.  He read quite a few biographies before he settled on his person.  He wanted someone that no one else was doing and the person had to be really smart and invented something cool.  Some of the people on his list were Albert Einstien and Walt Disney.  He finally chose Steve Jobs - the founder of Apple Computers and all that fun stuff we all have to have.  Max designed his poster and made it himself.  It was hard for me to let him have control (the perfectionist side of me) but he did really well and I was so proud of his work.  He chose to wear a black tshirt and jeans (most pictures we found of Jobs, this is what he was wearing.)  He took an iPad, Ipod, Iphone and his nano.  He gave out caramel APPLE suckers.  He was a hit.  I was so proud of him.  He really loved learning about Steve Jobs and what a smart man he was.  
 After the Wax Museum, Max's class had lunch on the lawn.  I didn't get a picture of Max, because he ate and left without saying goodbye - He could really careless if I came to things like that, but it makes me feel good to go.  Banks however, really enjoyed it.  A bunch of the kids in Max's class have little sisters that are in Bank's class.  He spent the whole Wax museum and picnic being chased by these lovely ladies.  He loved every minute of it.  
 Every year at the end of school, our cute neighbor, Mindy, plans a BUS STOP BREAKFAST.  She organizes a breakfast that is held at the kids' bus stop about a half hour before the bus comes.   She has pancakes, fruit, eggs, muffins and all the breakfast essentials.  Here is Boo enjoying his breakfast.  
Max waiting in line for Pancakes and Eggs.  

I am so glad that we live on such a fun street with such great neighbors and friends.  



No comments: