Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Family Night at the Draper Temple
We were so lucky last night. For family night, we were able to go on a VIP tour of the new LDS Draper Temple. Grandpa Steve works with someone who lives in the Draper area and was able to invite friends and family for a pre-open house tour. It was so beautiful. I was a little nervous about taking Banks, but Grandpa wanted him to come. When you first get there, you watch a short movie about temples and the Draper area. It was interesting and the older boys actually watched it. After the movie, you walked through this long tent tunnel. I think this might have been Bank's favorite part!! Once in the temple, we were given a guided tour by one of the presidents of a Draper Stake. I love temple open houses because you are able to see parts of the temple that you normally don't. We went through the administration offices, and then the first big stop was the Baptistry. Absolutely beautiful. The wood and tile work is so amazing. The wood is African cherry and a lot of limestone. There were alot of little details that were so neat. The art work is beautiful, and certain rooms are ceiling to floor murals. There is one picture of Mary and Joseph I had never seen, but it was so neat. In the chapel, there is a picture of Christ appearing after the resurrection, and I want it for my house. I could go on for hours about how beautiful the art work is. I am grateful that we had this opportunity to take the boys to the temple. When we walked into the Celestial Room, the Spirit that is there is absolutely amazing. The Stake President we were with let us sit and take it all in for about 10 minutes. To look into Max's eyes and see tears, was something that I will never forget. On the way home, Max couldn't stop talking about the really tall white room that made him feel so good. What an amazing night we had. We are grateful to Papa Steve and Brother Miller for inviting us to come. It was a little hard for Banks, but he would look at the pictures and just stare at him and say, "that Jesus". Kaige did okay and thought it was a challenge to stay on the plastic pathway. I know that Kaige could feel the Spirit, just through his actions and through his behavior.
This was walking back to our car. Grandma Kathy and boys playing in the snow. I had to let them run and let off some energy, because they were so perfect the whole time we were in the Temple.
This picture was taken in the Stake Center right next to the Temple. After the tour, we were able to walk through the gym and there were displays about our Church. It was so neat. They had it decorated so it didn't even look like a gym. They had a little buffet of sandwiches, fruits and desserts. My favorite was the caramel chocolate brownies. The boys liked the cauliflour and broccoli. This is going to be one Family Home Evening that will be tough to beat! We all were taught by the Spirit that was the temple. I can't wait until our temple, The Oquirrah Mountain Temple, is done. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for inviting us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Chica, what a great FHE Night! Max is such a sweet mature boy, you are so blessed.
I just got teary eyed reading about Max, how precious.
What a special experience. Thanks for sharing it with us. You have an amazing family. I look up to you so much!
What a fun night! We have a ticket for Valentines day. I can't wait to go through it!
Post a Comment