We have had a fun, but way too short summer. The older boys went back to school this week, so we had to squeeze a lot of stuff in. I let the boys choose one camp they wanted to do this summer. Max chose Spock's Skate Camp. He loved it. His friend Gabe and Cousin Brayden took it with him. He learned a lot. He also got a new skateboard out of it.
He really does love skateboarding and he has gotten really good this summer. We did have a talk about some of the not so good things the big skaters do at the skatepark, and how they are not very good examples. When we went shopping for school clothes, he wanted Skateboarder clothes. We found some nice Tony Hawk t-shirts from Kohls that we agreed on, but I told him I would never, ever buy him skinny girl looking pants. He was okay with that.
Kaige wanted to take a basketball camp this summer. It was 2 days a week for a couple of weeks. He had so much fun. It wasn't the most intense camp, but he learned a lot and loved it. I decided to let him play with the 1st and 2nd graders instead of the kindergarteners. It was a good choice. He still manage to out shine everyone there. Kaige is quite talented at sports, especially basketball!
Playing "Lightning" . Kaige dominated at this game. He won almost everytime they played it.
We Also took the boys to Lagoon this summer. I went with my mom and sisters and their kids. It was so fun. We tried Lagoon-a-beach, but they hated it because the water was so cold. (papa Steve keeps him pool way too warm) Josh was able to get off a little early and met us for the afternoon and evening.
Josh and Boo riding Puff at Lagoon.
Kaige and Grandma Bev riding the new ride, "Odysea" at Lagoon. The ride squirts water at you and you control the little boat your in, so you can either stay dry or get extremely wet. Jamie bet Kaige 2 bucks that he couldn't soak Grandma more than Max did in earlier in the day with her. Kaige made an easy 2. Grandma was soaked.
Waiting in line. There were no lines in Kiddy Land. It was great. They would go one right after another. I even got then to go on Terror Ride, but they weren't having anything to do with Dracula's Castle, maybe next year.
We Also took the boys to Lagoon this summer. I went with my mom and sisters and their kids. It was so fun. We tried Lagoon-a-beach, but they hated it because the water was so cold. (papa Steve keeps him pool way too warm) Josh was able to get off a little early and met us for the afternoon and evening.
1 comment:
Sounds like a fun summer! The fact that max is old enough to be at the skate park just cracks me up! I love it!
Post a Comment