Monday, October 26, 2009

Off Track Fun

When I was teaching, I always thought that I would dread those 3 weeks of off-track time as a mom, but instead, I love it when the boys are off track. It is fun to have them home all day again. We did a lot of fun things this off track. We started off track a day early and headed to Laguna to visit Max's friend Gabe. Here is a quick recap of the rest of our 3 weeks of off track...

We golfed 2 rounds of miniture golf at Mulligan's because we couldn't decide what course to do, so we did both.
Banks is so funny. Those of you that have seen Boo run, would enjoy watching him golf. It is just as entertaining. We were lucky that no one else was on the course. I just let him go ahead of us. He loved it. Max, Kaige and I would just watch him and then look at each other and laugh.

I signed all three boys up for swimming lessons. (not a great picture) This is boo learning to back float. He hated the first day, but then after that, he loved it. He loves the water and learned so much.

Max and Kaige were in the same class. Kaige loves doing the back crawl. Max would just sit on the step and only go in when it was his turn. He insisted it was way too cold. I think that it was because even the teacher was shivering.

We tried to get a family picture at M&M world in Las vegas, but it just wasn't going to happen. Grandma Kathy let each of the boys pick one thing. Kaige chose a football, Boo chose a yellow shirt - His original choice was a plush, yellow purse, but his dad and uncle gave him such a hard time that he put it back. Max chose an orange shirt, but then on the way out, he saw something else. So, grandma exchanged his shirt for a stuffed orange m&m with velcro hands that he wore strapped around his waist. I wish I had a picture. It was so funny.

A whole lot of Football. This is the UNLV game in Vegas but we also went to and watched quite a few games.


We made the annual trip to the pumpkin patch with Grandma Bev and our Cousins to find the perfect pumpkins. Kaige's accidently rolled off the porch and has rotted in my flowerbed, but he doesn't want another one.


The boys playing in the corn maze. I am sad that off-track has ended, but it will give me time to catch up on everything that I neglected.

No comments: