Friday, January 15, 2010

HOLIDAY WRAP - UP

I know that the Holidays are long past, but with three kids off track, this is the first chance I have gotten to post about christmas. We did so many fun things, the problem is that I forgot to take the Camera to a lot of them -- oops. Anyway, here are some of the fun things that we did do.

The boy's school did a Christmas Sing Along. It was so fun. Each grade sang two songs. This is picture of Max and some of his buddies. His class sang "Feliz Navidad" and "Silver & Gold". He knows the words to all of it. I didn't realize how long Feliz Navidad really is. Ask him to sing it for you some time. I don't have any pictures of Kaige's class, because they were in the corner and He was in the back. Once I found him, he did a great job avoiding the camera. I videotaped his class singing "Dashing through the Snow" and "Up on the Housetop", but I all got of Kaige was his mohawk. I was just so excited that he was singing.

We like to take the boys to see "Holiday Lights" at Thanksgiving Point. I love that place. Even though we went last year, this seemed like the first time Boo saw reindeer. Max and boo touching his antlers.
Grandma Bev came with us. We love to have her come along when Papa is sailing in Mexico.


As much as the two boys loved the reindeer, Kaige was equally fascinated by this ice sculpture. He climbed all over the thing. He said it was a cat, but I am thinking that it might have been a polar bear. He was amazed that his bum was wet for the ride home. He was amazed that the ice sculpture could make his bum wet.
We also had a few chirstmas parties with the families, but I don't have any pictures. I did have My sister-in-law take some, but there saved somewhere in my email and I needed to blog about this story so I will remember it. At the Torg party, Santa comes every year. Kaige was so nervous. When I asked him why, his answer was this, "What should I say if he asks if I've been good?" I said, "well, have you?" He just laughed. After he sat on the big guys lap, I asked what happened, and he replied, "I am so lucky, he didn't ask and look what I got!"


With all of the jobs that parents have at christmas time - planning, shopping, wrapping, and just being ready - this is the only job that Josh actually does without any nagging from me. For some reason, every year, he has to video tape the whole "christmas morning" chaos. From the boys coming out, until every last present is opened. When he bought our new video camera this year, he made sure to order a tri-pod for the sole purpose of setting it up for christmas morning.
I should probably be grateful that he is making memories.
Boo on Christmas morning. Boo got his own DS and a Wall Aqua doodle, his own tech decks and connect 4. He was really fun this year.

Max got "Tony Hawk Ride" for the Wii and Mario Kart. He also got a ramp, grind rail and wrist guards for his skateboarding hobby.

Kaige got an Ipod Touch and some tech deck stuff. The I pod was a great Idea. In fact, later on christmas day over at Loves, he was so into his Ipod that he hardly noticed when Ellie the dog peed down his neck.

Christmas was great! We are very blessed and grateful for all that we have. I only have one complaint and that is I wish Santa never would have brought the boys Mario Bros. Wii. It is fun to play, but I really hate the fighting that it causes. I have already misplaced the dumb game a couple of times.
For New Year's, we went to the Ranch with the Loves. I love it there and so do they boys. I forgot to take the camera because packing for the boys and now a dog, was just too much. This year was the best by far. The boys are all old enough to finally enjoy playing in the snow and sledding and riding four wheelers. Papa steve set up a shooting range and the boys loved watching the big boys shoot things. Chuey loved to chase the kids on the sled and we loved laughing at him trying to keep up with the four wheeler on the way back up the hill. He slept really good at night. The boys loved staying up all night and making all sorts of noise and messes. They loved getting in the hot tub with Daddy and Uncle Ty.
Hope this year is a great one.

No comments: