Friday, May 14, 2010

My Mother's Day Wish Came true...

For Mother's Day, my sweet husband, said I could have whatever my heart desired. Well, I thought about this for quite a while. He promised anything, and he couldn't deny the mother of his children her wish on Mother's day. There are a lot of things that I really want, but the boys and I have wanted a trampoline for so long. Josh on the other hand, absolutely hates them and has refused to purchase us one. He thinks that they are so dangerous and an accident waiting to happen. So, for Mother's Day, I asked for a trampoline. He had to get me one, right? Well, Sunday morning, I awoke to find a nice, large box wrapped in snowman paper on the kitchen counter. The boys and I were so excited. I knew it wasn't quite big enough to be a tramp, but I thought it might be tramp pads or a net. Anyway, this is what the present was.... The card read, " I thought that I would make your Mother's Day wish come true and surprise you with a trampoline. Sometimes, I can come through :)". He thought that He was so funny. I think that he is a smart A.....! Banks was thrilled, as he thought it was a normal tramp. Kaige was disgusted with it and said, "that is the crappiest trampoline I have ever seen." Josh still thinks he is pretty funny. I was going to take it back to the store, but the boys had a great idea for it.
Why not add it to my front room with the basketball hoop and the soccer goal net! I've decided it will probably be a long time before I get my front room finished.
What Boys will think of. Can you say Air Max?
Well, needless to say, Monday afternoon, I called my dear old dad and he came with me as I bought myself a mother's day present!

He was even so nice to come up when it stopped raining and put it together. He did make the boys help. They carried all the parts over and lined them up. The were great helpers.

Grandpa Bob teaching Kaige how to use an Allen Wrench.

The boys enjoying a quick jump, before I kicked them off so we could put the net enclosure up. The net is now up and it is completely safe - so I've told Josh. Grandpa Steve said he would bring his tractor up from the ranch and dig us a hole to put it in. That will be nice.
Two very happy boys and one sweaty Grandpa. Max was at school, but he was so excited to come home and see it put together. Thanks Dad, you're the best! They have already spent hours and hours on it.
Now let's just hope that I don't have to hear Josh say, " I told you so!" as we drive to the emergency room with a broken bone (or one of the neighbors do!)

4 comments:

jay and holl said...

did you know megan just broke her arm, both bones on the tramp. she didnt even fall off just landed on her arm on the tramp. broke both bones and tore through the muscle and skin! sorry to scare, you but I figure Josh has already told you a bunch of horror stories.

Ashley said...

i am now jealous you finally were able to get your tramp....i want one so bad! I'm glad your dad was there to put it together, you know how our Love boys are at doing projects we ask of them in a timely manner...

Anon said...

First off tell Josh I LOVE the stache!!! And that is one of the funniest mother day presents ever, and I am glad you got what you wanted!!

Elise said...

jump-a-rama! I want to hang out Jen. We will probably be in the UT for a few weeks in August. I'd love to chat. Call me!