So, have you seen the recent movie, "Date Night"? Well, I was feeling that same way! When, Josh and I did go on a date, it was usually the same thing - dinner and a movie. This last Monday night, we had a really, really fun date! Josh loves this little known band, and so do a few of the neighors. I know a few of the songs because they are on the Ipod. I am not a concert goer, and usually send Josh with his friends or brothers, but this time, the neighbors were going with their wives, so I gave in and went. We started the night at CPK at Gateway. I really liked the tortilla soup! Then we walked a little bit to a scary place called, The Venue. I really didn't know what to expect, as the last concert I went to was Chris Ledoux (country singer) and that was in 1995! Brandon was even nice enough to get me some earplugs, but we left them in the car! Turns out that I didn't need them. I really had a lot of fun. I think that I am going to have to start going to a few more concerts with Josh!
We saw Angels & Airwaves. The singer used to be in Blink 182 (if that helps)
The pictures aren't the best because we used Josh's Phone.
The lead singer was so funny to me. He said and did the dumbest things. He didn't have the best language, and maybe that is why it was a little funny. I am not used to hearing people use those type of words in everyday conversation. There were some good laughs.
Their songs always have these really long Introductions before he starts singing. I really liked that about them. In general, their songs are just long - or it seemed to me.
An actual picture of us. It was so crowded. I think that we were probably some of the oldest there, but it was still so fun. We were right by this young kid, who pretty much vidoed the whole concert on his phone, (when he wasn't texting pics of it!). I have to thank the Marchants for talking me into it. I am definitely going to have to try some other concerts. A big thanks to the Marchants and Dawsons for a different, but really fun date night!
The lead singer was so funny to me. He said and did the dumbest things. He didn't have the best language, and maybe that is why it was a little funny. I am not used to hearing people use those type of words in everyday conversation. There were some good laughs.
Their songs always have these really long Introductions before he starts singing. I really liked that about them. In general, their songs are just long - or it seemed to me.
An actual picture of us. It was so crowded. I think that we were probably some of the oldest there, but it was still so fun. We were right by this young kid, who pretty much vidoed the whole concert on his phone, (when he wasn't texting pics of it!). I have to thank the Marchants for talking me into it. I am definitely going to have to try some other concerts. A big thanks to the Marchants and Dawsons for a different, but really fun date night!
2 comments:
That is so cool. I am glad you had a good time. I love concerts too, reminds me of being young again.
OH MY HECK. They are one of our FAVORITE BANDS. Chris seriously loves them. We must be kindred spirits!!! Lucky you got to go to the concert. We'll have to jam to some of their tunes at a bbq or something. We'll be in the UT later this summer... WE REALLY WANT TO SEE you guys! If you ever get a hankering to head up to the Redwoods or Oregon Coast with the crew... you know where to stay!
Post a Comment