Kaige's kindergarten class was lucky enough to go on a fieldtrip today! We went to Wheeler Farm - in the snow! It was cold and wet, and very muddy and poopy, but the kids had a great time. The yucky weather didn't seem to bother them one bit.
Getting off the bus. It was wet!
There were only a few animals that were out in the snow besides us. Here they are trying to see the horses. It amazes me how the kids seemed to step in every single puddle. I am sure the bus was a mess on the ride home.
This is us walking past the poor little baby goats. They had to stay out in the snow. They had no where to go.
This is in the building where they milk the cows. Kaige has this little friend, Kayla (in pink), that he talks about all the time. He always sits with her on the bus and talks non stop about her. Well, she wasn't in our group, but she might as well have been. They were together the whole time. I would find the other boy in my group and look for Kaige, and Kayla's mom would point to where Kayla was - and there he was. She is a real cutie. Out of all my boys, I never pegged Kaige as the one to be smitten by the ladies so easily. It is fun to see him giggle with her.
Boys are so funny. My silly group of boys thought that the old outhouse was so funny. They loved sitting on the holes. They would look at each other and giggle.
I am grateful that I get to go on the boys' fieldtrips. I used to hate going on fieldtrips as a teacher, but now they are so much more fun (because I am not in charge!)
No comments:
Post a Comment