My boys have been playing soccer for a few years now. I never played soccer and either did Josh. They all have loved playing soccer. I don't really know the rules, but I sure do enjoy watching Max play. Well, this spring, Max tried out for a USA competition Soccer team. He made it. He has been practicing a whole lot this summer and finally this last weekend we had our first tournament. Let me tell you, it is a whole different kind of soccer. It is so intense and even more fun to watch. He has really improved. His team tied the 1st game and Max scored the only goal. His team won the Championship game on Saturday. It was so crazy. They were tied after regulation. Then they played 2 overtimes and had to go to penalty kicks. That is so much pressure. I couldn't even watch Max kick his. They were up 4-3, but Max made his to tie it again. Then the other teams goalie had to kick and he missed. Then our goalie kicked and made it. We won 6-5 in PK's. I felt so bad for the other team's goalie. I am just so glad that it wasn't my kid that missed. So sad for them, but so exciting for our boys.
Max chose the number 5 for some reason. He usually plays left defender.
Max getting his 1st Place Medal.
Max checking it out. He is still trying to decide if it is "real" gold!! 
The championship team. They are such a cute group of boys!
2 comments:
Way to go Max! I am glad you guys had such a great summer!!
Way to go Max! You played great!
Post a Comment