I love being a stay at home mom. One of my favorite things is to go and help in the boys' classes. This past Thursday and Friday, I feel like I should be a teacher again. I think that I spent more time at the school than I did at home. I wouldn't change it for anything.
We started the day off with reindeer pancakes.. We had mixed emotions about the whole thing. Boo cried, because he didn't like the red M & M nose melting on the pancake. Kaige was so excited for the Bacon! and Max made my day by being so excited and happy about them.
We started the day making gingerbread houses in 5th grade. It was something new. We glued them together with melted sugar. I think that I only burned 8 of my fingers. Then after that, we were supposed to go Caroling around the neighborhood, but since it was a freezing 9 degrees outside, they decided to skip it.
I also helped with Boo's Polar Express party. The school also had a sing a long sneak peak where each grade sang several songs. It was really sad watching Boo's first grade sing. Seeing all those little faces filled with excitement and life and thinking about those families that lost their little 1st grader, was really emotional.
Kaige's 3rd grade class also sang a few songs. He actually sang this year and did the actions to the songs.
I love that Max is always front and center for every program. He loves to sing and has a really great voice.
After the sing - a - long, Kaige's class had a Reader's Theater. Kaige and his buddy Grant were Elf #2. They were so funny and used funny voices. It made me laugh. I am so proud of this once shy and non talking kiddo of mine. He has really started to blossom and become such a great leader.
On Friday, I was able to go back and help with Kaige's party. We played games and had hot chocolate and oreos and exchanged books.
This is my favorite time of year to help with the kids' classes. It makes be grateful that I am able to stay home and be part of the school community.
No comments:
Post a Comment