My sister Jodee and I decided to take our kids to Vegas for Spring Break. Originally it was supposed to be just us, but then my mom came too, along with my nephew and then the night before we left, Josh decided to come. It was a fun quick trip. I was hoping for warmer weather, but is was so cold down there. We did a lot of fun things.
Our hotel was right by Freemont Street. It was not quite as crazy as the strip, but still a lot of fun. There were performers, shops and fun games to play.
Kaige testing his strength. He was the last to try out of all the boys. He figured out that you just had to tap it and it still went to the top and won!
Boo trying. He was so devastated because he couldn't lift the hammer any higher or over to hit the target. I helped him "choke up" on it and he managed to do hit it with a little help from mom.
Max is the one who really wanted to try this game. It was cute. He hit it as hard as he could! He made it all the way to the top and was a winner. He was so excited to be that strong!! After watching others do it, he realized that everyone was winning. He said that they must have set the sensor for a 4 year old and that is why when he hit it as an 8 year old, it went so high. He said, " see that is just one more good reason to be small, Everyone doesnt think you can do what you can do." He is such a smart kid, and so confident in himself! Love that kid.
This is our hotel swimming pool. It was huge, cool and really cold! We stayed at the Golden Nugget. The pool had a huge aquarium with sharks right in the middle of the pool. To even top that, there was a waterslide that went right through the aquarium. The boys weren't quite tall enough for the slide, but I promised the life guards that they were all capable swimmers, and after she watched them for a bit, she let them go down the slide.
Boo coming out of the waterslide for the first time. It was a cool slide, even I liked it.
Boo, Jen and Kaige checking out the fish and waiting for our cousin Brayden to go on the slide and wave to us.
Boo, Max, Josh and Kaige
Last time we were in Vegas, we went to the Mandalay Bay Aquarium, so this time we decided to go to the MGM and see Siegfried and Roy's White Tigers and Dolphins.
Watching the dolphins do tricks.
You could go down into tunnels to see the dolphins under the water. There were these 3 "wrestling dolphins". (the map called it the breeding tank). The boys thought this part was the best. Kaige said that it wasn't fair because the 2 big dolphins were tag-teaming the littler dolphin.
The boys at Circus, Circus. They had just finished the 4D spongebob adventure. The boys loved Circus Circus. They had so much fun riding the rides and eating at the buffet. The best part of the whole trip happened the first 10 minutes at Circus, Circus. Why we were standing in line to buy the wristbands, My mom let the boys play a game. It was $1 for 1 ball. The boys each got a ball and had to throw it into one of those giant milk jugs - almost impossible! Well, guess who stood up there and tossed it right in on his only shot!
I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it. Our most clumsy, uncoordinated kid! Boo scored big. The carni-lady was so surprised. He chose this huge Lakers Ball as his prize. Needless to say, his brothers were ticked and in tears at one point. Josh, Grandma and the boys spent a lot of the night and quite a bit of money trying to win 2 more of these balls. Luckily, they didn't because we barely had room to bring this one home. The other boys did win a little stuffed gorilla. It did provide a good time to bring up the evils of gambling, why it is addicting and how you don't win that much of the time, but waste a lot of money trying to.
6 comments:
Looks like you all had tons of fun. I should go there one day. Maybe James and I should go there in September.
that pool looks awesome. I even want to swim in it just because of the aquarium right in the middle! We need to plan a trip to go again there or st. george sometime in the next few months...i need to get away!
Fun! That pool looks AWESOME!! I'm jealous! ;-) And the wrestling dolphins, that's pretty funny! It looks like you guys had such a great time!!
If I knew those balls were such a hot item, I would have saved you the jazz one instead of throwing it in the big dumpster!
Jen Love, that swimming pool looks amazing! What a great trip. Thanks for helping me with Olivia this week, I just really love you!
What a fun trip! I think I will stay at that hotel the next time we are there!
Post a Comment