Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Jack-o-Lanterns

I have a Love-Hate relationship with carving pumpkins!  I love to see the boys so excited about it, I hate how long it takes and the mess that the boys always seem to make no matter how I try to prevent it.  Here are the Love Jack-o-lanterns for 2011
 The boys and the pumpkins just before beginning!
 Banks loved the gooey guts while Kaige was disgusted by them.  
 
 Every year Max chooses the oddest pumpkins, whether it be really fat, long and Skinny, weird shaped or lumpy.  Never fail, Max's jack-0-lantern always takes the longest to carve.  This years pumpkin was soooo thick, Josh could barely carve it with one of my good kitchen knives.  It doesn't help that Max has to have his "perfect".  I didn't get a picture of his finished work.  I will have to before it starts to rot!
 Kaige's Masterpiece
Boo's first masterpiece.  He actually carved 3 this year.  Grandma kathy helped him and then he did one all by himself on Halloween.