Monday, July 7, 2008

Newport Beach

This was our last day on a beach in Laguna! Right as we were taking the picture, Max started screaming that he had stepped on something. He was hysterical - it took a few minutes and a bottle of ice water before we could take the picture. I think that Josh concluded that he stepped on a Bee! What a great family!

Josh's parents were so sweet and took his whole family to Newport for the week! We had so much fun going to the beach and hanging out in the villa with each other. My boys love Josh's family and it is fun to see them get to know them better.



Banks wasn't quite sure of the beach, he loved playing in the sand, but he hated having his suit and shirt wet and sandy, so everytime he got wet, he would take it off and chill in his diaper!



I don't know who enjoyed this more, Banks or Papa Steve! It was nice not to have Banks running all over everyone's towels and leaving footprints of sand as a trail - for a few minutes anyway!
Kaige loved playing in the sand. He has turned into an expert castle builder. It took a long time to find thw right spot so that the waves would not crash into it. This was his masterpiece - with help from Dad and Uncle Ace!
Kaige could have lived at the beach. He loved everyminute of it. He never wanted to go to the beach, but once we were there, he wouldn't leave with out a fight!

Max loved riding the waves with Uncle Ace. Max decided to have Ace pull him around because he just kept falling off when he would try and stand on it - smart kid!

As most of you know, Max is a collector of anything. He went to work right away collecting the shells he found. The Coast Patrol informed us that you couldn't take shells off the beach - thanks to Papa Steve for hiding a few under a shirt!

7 comments:

Anon said...

Oh my goodness Cooper has asked me all week when Kaige is going to be home. We couldnt be happier!! I am glad you had a good time it looks beautiful.

Hurd Family said...

Your boys are so cute! That looks like so much fun. What a great family you have.

Elise said...

Looks like a blast! Your family is so dang cute. I hope we get to see you guys soon!!!

Elise

Ashley said...

ummmm, that's why we're leaving Taters behind with Meg so we can sit and relax in Hawaii!! I think I would be completely frazzled after a 6-7 hour flight with him...

Kristine and Ryan said...

Looks like you guys had alot of fun. Wish I was by a beach right now!

hollyw said...

What a fun trip! You boys are so cute!

Angie said...

Tell Josh that I think you are much cuter than his lego lady!! Ü