Thursday, May 17, 2012

Our new Pets

For Christmas, Josh had the great idea to buy the boys Tadpoles.  (I really think they were more for him!)  We had two tadpoles once before and it was really fun and then quite devastating for Kaige when Teedy  and Taddy were both accidentally drowned.  This time around, we originally had 7 tadpoles, but 3 didn't make it.  I probably wouldn't have posted about frogs, but I thought that it was so funny that when I downloaded the camera pictures, Josh had so many pictures of these silly things.  Josh really spends so much time and money with these dumb frogs.  He is quite obsessed.   Let me introduce to our pet frogs.  
 Here is the last tadpole to transition to frog.  It really is quite amazing to watch the process.  Who knew that the body parts actually form inside them and then pop out at different times.  In the morning, they have one arm, by night there is two.  
 Look, no more tail.
 This is "big Daddy".  He was the biggest tadpole and first frog.  He is gross and huge.
 I really don't know which frog this is.
 This is a frog with two legs and only one arm. I am sure the other one popped out soon.
 This is "big Momma"  The second frog.
and this is baby tadpole.  

It has been fun for all the boys at our house to watch the changes in these little creatures.  If anyone has stopped by, you can't get out of the house without Kaige dragging you upstairs to see them.  


No comments: