Friday, May 25, 2012

Other Exciting May Fun

I've been wanting to do this for years, but never have.  Josh's work sponsored a team for the "RACE FOR THE CURE".  I had never done any type of race.  It was so much fun.  It was packed and crazy and full of excitement.   Josh, Myself, Max, Banks and Josh's Parents participated.  Kaige had his first flag football game of the season, and went to that with a neighbor.  It was so fun.  I want to try and do it again next year.
 Josh, Jen, Steve, Kathy, Max and Boo.
 Max and Boo before the race.  I really wanted to get some after, but I guess I forgot.   Max and Josh ran the whole 5k.  Very impressive for my little 10 year old.  Bless his heart, Boo wanted to run the whole thing like Max, but he and I only made if for 1 mile and then walked the other rest.  He was such a trooper.  He didn't even complain until the very last mile and then we just took a lot of rests.  I am so proud of my Boys. 
 For Mother's Day, I was spoiled.  Boo made me this Purse Book.  When you opened it, it told all about me from his point of view.  
 I was chosen to be Mother of the year in Kaige's Time Magazine.  The funniest thing is that he put, "she loves her community"!
 Max made me this cool frame with an original acrostic poem  and adjective cube.  The poem was so cute, Magical, O-lot of fun, Magnificant!  He knows me well.  Josh gave me a New Dyson Vacuum.  I love them all.
Banks has been in heaven the last few weeks.  One of  his and Kaige's friend was off track, so he would come down and play when Boo got home from school.  (boo is so bored in the afternoon).  I had this leftover box from some patio furniture.  It entertained them for hours and hours.  It is still sitting in the backyard.  They refuse to let me recycle their house.  I am hoping for a good rain storm!!


 The Cub Scouts in our ward had a Bike Rodeo for the scouts and their families.  The SJPD came and set up a little course.  The boys thought that the bike officers were so cool.  They showed them how to wear their helmets properly and taught them some signals.  It was so fun.

 This little stinker was so funny.  Since he got home from school, he was not going to go to Scouts, wear his shirt or even take his bike.  I told him fine, but he was going to have to sit in the car, because the rest of us were going.  When I came back from setting up to get them, he was dressed, but he decided to bring his scooter.  He was thinking that only his brothers were going to have their bikes and people would laugh at him for bringing his bike???  When we got over there and he saw all the boys with their bikes, he decided that we needed to come back and get his.  I should have made him live with the choice of  not bringing it, but I really wanted him to participate, so I made him pay me $1.00 for gas money because I had to drive back and forth.   He had so much fun and he can't wait for the 2nd grade Bike Rodeo next week at school.   He already asked if I could bring his bike.  
 Boo even enjoyed it.  He thought that it was so cool.
 Max and Boo waiting so patiently for their turn on the course.

No comments: