Thursday, May 3, 2012

Sea Port Village in San Diego

While we were in Southern California, we decided to visit San Diego.  I remember going to Sea Port Village with my mom and dad when I was younger and I loved it.  A few people from work told Josh we should definitely try to go there, so we did.  We couldn't check into the Hotel until later in the day, so we strolled around Sea Port for a few hours.  It was so fun.
Jen and the Boys
We walked along the boardwalk.  I loved watching people. 
The shops were so fun.  We found a fun little toy store where Max found a toy that he had been wanting ever since his friend came home from San Diego.
 Here are Boo and Max  using the telescope to check out the sunbathers on the beach.
 The really cool Navy ship.  It was so big.
 Eating lunch.  Josh, Boo and Kaige chose fresh Fish Tacos and Shrimp.  Max and I chose the always safe turkey sandwich. 
                                       

 Josh and the boys with the Big Navy ship.

There was this street performer.  He was awesome.  He was a fire eater.  

 Boo was to entranced by the weird man eating fire and swords.
 He actually stuffed this sword all the way down his throat.  It was both gross and pretty cool.
 The are the juggling sticks we found at the novelty toy store.  Max's friend had some a few months ago.  I looked all over for the dumb sticks for a Christmas gift for Max.  I couldn't find them.  The guy at the San Diego toy store told me how cool these were because they were american made, right in good old Salt Lake City, Utah.  Seriously,  I had to fly to San Diego to find a toy that is made in my back yard!  Totally worth it, the boys spent hours playing with them, and still do.
 Even, Mr. Uncoordinated can juggle these sticks.  The nice old man in the toy store gave them a little lesson.
 The boys (including Josh) were amazed and the people selling things on the street.  You could get your picture taken holding various animals for a small donation!
 Why are my boys obsessed with Reptiles and creepy crawlies?
 Kaige wanted to hold the lizard so bad, but when the guy handed it to him and it started to crawl up him, he let out a little squeal.  It was so cute.  


 This is just a really cool tree in Balboa Park that we all really liked.  Balboa Park was really fun.  Next time we will spend more time in Balboa Park and visit all of the awesome Museums.



No comments: